Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Smallest Blessings Thursday!




Kindness

1. (n.) The state or quality of being kind, in any of its various senses; manifestation of kind feeling or disposition beneficence. 2. (n.) A kind act; an act of good will; as, to do a great kindness.

Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I was thinking about what I'm thankful to God for and it's kindness. I have been the recipient of kindness by family, friends both offline and online and by strangers. The kindness of another person is something that is beautiful, it makes your heart glad, you feel special, thought of, cared for, appreciated, loved and so much more. Kindness is contagious, it spreads its wings and flies, touching the hearts and lives of all who are open to receive it and sometimes it's given back and or passed on to another. The kindness of another can soften a hardened heart, it can bring healing and hope. It doesn't have to be anything big, it can be as simple as a smile. Kindness doesn't have to cost a cent but I can tell you that it is a gift that is precious and one to be treasured. Lets spread some kindness to a hurting world you just never know how much impact that your kindness can have on another, it could save a life. It's no wonder kindness is a gift from God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your kindness, it has blessed my heart and lifted my spirits more than you know.
May you be a recipient of kindness each and everyday
:)




A Big thank you to the sweet and lovely Jennifer, at The Southern Housewife for hosting The Smallest Blessings Thursday what a beautiful way to brighten up your own day and others by being thankful for what God has blessed us with.
Please pop in and visit or join in with The Southern Housewife and the other Lovely Ladies, I'm sure it will bless your heart as it has mine.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Varny Voo said...

Golly Gosh you are a blessing. I love this Melly. You are all these things Melly that you write about, Thank you.

Oh and I love that program the Mums are going to be so blessed by all the awesome photos I can give them. I am making myself go to bed hehehehe I could play all night, must sleep, need sleep.
Good night and thanks I have really missed your help and am undeserving of the kindness you give to me Melly.
Nite nite.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Melly,
That was a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Julie said...

Sweet Melly!
Love the post about KINDNESS. It is so true about what you said! Sometimes if I am in line at walmart and get the checker that is in a horrible mood..I just say something kind and I always get a smile and sometimes a laugh! It's amazing waht a little kindness can do!
Have a wonderful Thursday..Julie

the wild raspberry said...

what a lovely lovely post!
chasity