This Spiritual Sunday I'm sharing something by Roy Lessin, I do hope it blesses you. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit with me, I really do appreciate all your sweet comments , God bless you!
The Heart of God
In the eleventh chapter of Hosea, as God laments over His people's waywardness, we gain a marvelous insight into the heart of God. In verse four we read, "I drew them with gentle cords, With bands of love, And I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck. I stooped and fed them." NKJV
There are five things we discover about God’s heart from the words of Hosea.
1. I drew them... Even when we are trying to pull away from God, He is drawing us back to Himself. God's heart does not push us away, ignore us, or block us from coming to Him. There is a cord of grace and kindness that is extended to us, a lifeline to His heart. God's desire for us is to be with Him, to know Him, and to be cared for by Him.
2. With gentle cords... God doesn't yank the cord He uses to draw us to Himself. He is patient with us. He waits for us to respond to His gentle tug upon our hearts. His does not attempt to overpower us; He comes to us meekly, peaceably and full of mercy.
3. With bands of love... The bands of God that He places around us are not made of rope to burn us, or iron to bruise us, or thorns to cut us; they are bands of love to hold us, to restore us, and to heal us. He tenderly longs to hold us as a father holds a child to his cheek.
4. I took the yoke from their neck... The heart of God wants to free us, not bind us. There is no freedom for us until His power releases us from all bondages, fears, and enslavements of sin. His Father's heart could never leave us helplessly yoked to any enemy of His love.
5. I stooped and fed them... What a picture of the heart of God -- the Almighty, the Creator, the One who is above all and over all, bends down to us like a father bends down to pick up a crying child. He bends down so we can see His tender look, His caring expression, and His soft smile. Then, as we find comfort and assurance, He lifts us--to meet our needs, to calm our fears, and to draw us ever nearer to His heart.
by Roy Lessin
I'm so thankful to these two beautiful ladies Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays, each Sunday I have a lovely time visiting others who are evolved in Spritual Sundays and with each person I visit I'm inspired an uplifted.
Please take the time to visit all the wonderful people at Spiritual Sundays, but first grab a cuppa, get comfy and open your heart to be blessed.